Monday, February 16, 2009
They might be freezing in New York as the Fall/Winter 0910 season gets underway, but coming up very quickly in this neck of the fashion woods is the first edition of Australia’s first highend, swimwear-dedicated showcase, Swim Fashion Week. The event will run from February 25-28 at luxury Gold Coast resort Sanctuary Cove and sure to change its buzz quotient is the news that organiser IMG is bringing one of its hottest swimwear models down to the Swim Fashion Week runways: Perth native Jessica Gomes. Making the annual Sports Illustrated swimwear issue for the second time this week in the US, and the co-star of Sean Combs’ controversial tvc for the 2007 fragrance Unforgivable – which was censored in the US, but later screened in the UK, after 9.00pm - Gomes has been relatively low profile in her home market. But Gomes is not the only Australian IMG girl who’ll be doing the show. Joining her on next week's runways will be 17 year-old Kendal Schuler from Cairns.
Repped by Chadwicks in Sydney since August 2008, Schuler (pictured above) has been modelling for several years with the Brisbane-based agency Tamblyn.
Schuler took out the 'International Model of the Year' award at Tamblyn's Young Model Discovery Quest in Brisbane in 2007. Scouted by IMG, the world's biggest model agency, she joined the company's New York Development board late last year.
In other SFW news, high profile Australian swimwear label Jets, in addition to Hong Kong swimwear label Amandarling, have now joined the schedule - which frockwriter blogged a fortnight ago.
Here is Gomes in the Sean Combs Unforgivable video FYI:
- ► 2013 (66)
- ► 2012 (115)
- ► 2011 (153)
- ► 2010 (330)
- Sonny Vandevelde backstage at Burberry
- Mesdames Butterfly
- D&G live
- The power of hubris: Should Bonds' charity have be...
- Blue crush
- Swim Fashion Week: Zimmermann
- AWOL from the runways, Alice Burdeu to resurface o...
- Swim Fashion Week: Seventh Wonderland
- Josh Goot's space cadets
- Oscars 2009 - Best In Show
- Oscars 2009 - Best Meringues
- Oscars 2009 - Best Bonbonniere
- Oscars 2009 - live (kinda) from the red carpet
- Grand central: Zac Posen's 50-finger discount
- The Personal Urban Transporter: Chanel's new mobil...
- At 14 this Polish teenager was banned from RAFW. T...
- Sonny Vandevelde backstage at Toni Maticevski
- Prêt-à-Twitter: Barefoot finale @ Brian Reyes
- Prêt-à-Twitter: First look @ Calvin Klein
- Legs 7-Eleven
- All you need is glove
- From the Cobrasnake to Narciso Rodriguez
- The trompe l'oeil necklace trend - it never ends!
- Gagging for it: GQ's "hottest Australian supermode...
- Let them eat Rodarte
- Punk'd: Marc Jacobs Blitzes NYFW with a neon-brigh...
- Prêt-à-Twitter: Backstage @ Marc Jacobs
- It's funny how NYFW is starting to resemble RAFW
- Make me a Victoria's Secret model
- Jessica Gomes turns up the Swim Fashion Week heat
- Banned in Sydney, breakthrough in New York
- Karen Walker's pearl protocol
- A new media day dawns @ NYFW
- The Exit strategy of Jason Wu
- New York Fashion Week - the 97% fat free version
- Black Saturday - the retail response
- Grazia stops the press
- Blue jean babies
- Swim Fashion Week: First look at the schedule
- The Sunday Telegraph checks up on "this frockwrite...
- London Fashion Week turns 25, goes to ELLE
- Serpentine gallery
- Rod Blagojevich, fashion icon?
- Yes we can do without: Top Fashion Buzzwords of 20...
- Gutter photojournalism: Zippora Seven hops on the ...
- Coco Fan Tutte
- ▼ February 2009 (50)
- ► 2008 (229)