Wednesday, February 25, 2009
josh goot FW0910/wwd.com
If Josh Goot seemed to be moving away from his trademark bodycon look over the past few seasons, evidently he’s had a change of heart. In one of his strongest presentations to date, and in his second consecutive London Fashion Week show, overnight Goot sent out a tightly-edited collection of 31 knit-heavy looks - all but four of them cut close to the body. Recalling the retro futurism of the 1960s, the collection was part Mod, via its two-tone, black-on-cream colourblocking - and part sci-fi warrior uniform, courtesy of an intergalactic space print (the inspiration for which, as it turns out, was in fact rocks) and an intriguing series of sculpted garments boasting intricate, wave-like contoured seamwork. Goot cut loose with some oversized, colourblocked boyfriend jackets, the smartest in grey marle and cream. By all Twitter accounts, the show looks to have played to a packed house, with a last minute venue change prompting a chaotic scramble for the front row seats.
josh goot FW0910/wwd.com
Click here to see the complete collection on wwd.com.
- ► 2013 (66)
- ► 2012 (115)
- ► 2011 (153)
- ► 2010 (330)
- Sonny Vandevelde backstage at Burberry
- Mesdames Butterfly
- D&G live
- The power of hubris: Should Bonds' charity have be...
- Blue crush
- Swim Fashion Week: Zimmermann
- AWOL from the runways, Alice Burdeu to resurface o...
- Swim Fashion Week: Seventh Wonderland
- Josh Goot's space cadets
- Oscars 2009 - Best In Show
- Oscars 2009 - Best Meringues
- Oscars 2009 - Best Bonbonniere
- Oscars 2009 - live (kinda) from the red carpet
- Grand central: Zac Posen's 50-finger discount
- The Personal Urban Transporter: Chanel's new mobil...
- At 14 this Polish teenager was banned from RAFW. T...
- Sonny Vandevelde backstage at Toni Maticevski
- Prêt-à-Twitter: Barefoot finale @ Brian Reyes
- Prêt-à-Twitter: First look @ Calvin Klein
- Legs 7-Eleven
- All you need is glove
- From the Cobrasnake to Narciso Rodriguez
- The trompe l'oeil necklace trend - it never ends!
- Gagging for it: GQ's "hottest Australian supermode...
- Let them eat Rodarte
- Punk'd: Marc Jacobs Blitzes NYFW with a neon-brigh...
- Prêt-à-Twitter: Backstage @ Marc Jacobs
- It's funny how NYFW is starting to resemble RAFW
- Make me a Victoria's Secret model
- Jessica Gomes turns up the Swim Fashion Week heat
- Banned in Sydney, breakthrough in New York
- Karen Walker's pearl protocol
- A new media day dawns @ NYFW
- The Exit strategy of Jason Wu
- New York Fashion Week - the 97% fat free version
- Black Saturday - the retail response
- Grazia stops the press
- Blue jean babies
- Swim Fashion Week: First look at the schedule
- The Sunday Telegraph checks up on "this frockwrite...
- London Fashion Week turns 25, goes to ELLE
- Serpentine gallery
- Rod Blagojevich, fashion icon?
- Yes we can do without: Top Fashion Buzzwords of 20...
- Gutter photojournalism: Zippora Seven hops on the ...
- Coco Fan Tutte
- ▼ February 2009 (50)
- ► 2008 (229)