Friday, February 13, 2009
Well it’s not quite page one of Paris Vogue but Myf Shepherd looks to have gotten off to a cracking start with her second New York Fashion Week by making today's cover of US fashion industry ‘bible’ WWD. Shepherd was snapped during a fitting with Jason Wu, which could well mean that she has also bagged Wu's show - one of the week's hottest tickets. Wu has emerged as the hottest rising star in the US fashion business thanks to the personal endorsement of one Michelle Obama on two extremely high profile recent occasions. Wu's show will take place at 5am Saturday morning Sydney time (1pm Friday 13th in NY) at Exit Art on 10th Avenue.
America’s new First Lady chose a Jason Wu one-shouldered ivory gown to wear for the Inaugural Ball on January 20th.
Obama also appears in a magenta Jason Wu cocktail dress on the March cover of US Vogue.
Wu's website reportedly received four million hits within 24 hours of the Inauguration – and sales appointments for his FW0910 collection are said to have tripled.
The collection is inspired, says Wu, by fairy tales. Which pretty much sums up the designer's career thus far.
- ► 2013 (66)
- ► 2012 (115)
- ► 2011 (153)
- ► 2010 (330)
- Sonny Vandevelde backstage at Burberry
- Mesdames Butterfly
- D&G live
- The power of hubris: Should Bonds' charity have be...
- Blue crush
- Swim Fashion Week: Zimmermann
- AWOL from the runways, Alice Burdeu to resurface o...
- Swim Fashion Week: Seventh Wonderland
- Josh Goot's space cadets
- Oscars 2009 - Best In Show
- Oscars 2009 - Best Meringues
- Oscars 2009 - Best Bonbonniere
- Oscars 2009 - live (kinda) from the red carpet
- Grand central: Zac Posen's 50-finger discount
- The Personal Urban Transporter: Chanel's new mobil...
- At 14 this Polish teenager was banned from RAFW. T...
- Sonny Vandevelde backstage at Toni Maticevski
- Prêt-à-Twitter: Barefoot finale @ Brian Reyes
- Prêt-à-Twitter: First look @ Calvin Klein
- Legs 7-Eleven
- All you need is glove
- From the Cobrasnake to Narciso Rodriguez
- The trompe l'oeil necklace trend - it never ends!
- Gagging for it: GQ's "hottest Australian supermode...
- Let them eat Rodarte
- Punk'd: Marc Jacobs Blitzes NYFW with a neon-brigh...
- Prêt-à-Twitter: Backstage @ Marc Jacobs
- It's funny how NYFW is starting to resemble RAFW
- Make me a Victoria's Secret model
- Jessica Gomes turns up the Swim Fashion Week heat
- Banned in Sydney, breakthrough in New York
- Karen Walker's pearl protocol
- A new media day dawns @ NYFW
- The Exit strategy of Jason Wu
- New York Fashion Week - the 97% fat free version
- Black Saturday - the retail response
- Grazia stops the press
- Blue jean babies
- Swim Fashion Week: First look at the schedule
- The Sunday Telegraph checks up on "this frockwrite...
- London Fashion Week turns 25, goes to ELLE
- Serpentine gallery
- Rod Blagojevich, fashion icon?
- Yes we can do without: Top Fashion Buzzwords of 20...
- Gutter photojournalism: Zippora Seven hops on the ...
- Coco Fan Tutte
- ▼ February 2009 (50)
- ► 2008 (229)