Thursday, February 19, 2009
One of the biggest FW0910 trends is, surprise, surprise, something that has been hovering on the fashion horizon for at least four seasons now. Call it an evolution of the skinny jean trend or a biproduct of fashion's bodycon '80s resurgence, leggings have been omnipresent at the FW0910 shows. The myriad variations included studded, distressed – and, picking up Miu Miu’s recent biker short reboot, also biker short - at Alexander Wang; Day Glo florals at Marc Jacobs; zippered at Alexander McQueen for Target; Anna Sui's velvet versions; in leather at Tory Burch; black suede at Max Azria; high-waisted and seamed at Coventry; Terence Koh's gold sequinned versions and knitted at Richard Chai. One of the week's more intriguing takes on the trend was offered on Tuesday, via those remarkable, rumpled Nicholas Kirkwood legging boots at Rodarte. Many described them as "over the kneee" but in reality, they reached almost to the hip. Here's a backstage shot by Purple mag's Olivier Zahm (above), which gives a closer look at the convoluted strapwork. You don't get into or out of these boots in a hurry.
marc jacobs FW0910/wwd.com
alexander wang FW0910/wwd.com
Sydney’s own sass & bide saw the megatrend coming this time last year, with the launch of their ‘new jean’, the ruched black silk/acetate Black Rats leggings, which generated record orders for the company.
- ► 2013 (66)
- ► 2012 (115)
- ► 2011 (153)
- ► 2010 (330)
- Sonny Vandevelde backstage at Burberry
- Mesdames Butterfly
- D&G live
- The power of hubris: Should Bonds' charity have be...
- Blue crush
- Swim Fashion Week: Zimmermann
- AWOL from the runways, Alice Burdeu to resurface o...
- Swim Fashion Week: Seventh Wonderland
- Josh Goot's space cadets
- Oscars 2009 - Best In Show
- Oscars 2009 - Best Meringues
- Oscars 2009 - Best Bonbonniere
- Oscars 2009 - live (kinda) from the red carpet
- Grand central: Zac Posen's 50-finger discount
- The Personal Urban Transporter: Chanel's new mobil...
- At 14 this Polish teenager was banned from RAFW. T...
- Sonny Vandevelde backstage at Toni Maticevski
- Prêt-à-Twitter: Barefoot finale @ Brian Reyes
- Prêt-à-Twitter: First look @ Calvin Klein
- Legs 7-Eleven
- All you need is glove
- From the Cobrasnake to Narciso Rodriguez
- The trompe l'oeil necklace trend - it never ends!
- Gagging for it: GQ's "hottest Australian supermode...
- Let them eat Rodarte
- Punk'd: Marc Jacobs Blitzes NYFW with a neon-brigh...
- Prêt-à-Twitter: Backstage @ Marc Jacobs
- It's funny how NYFW is starting to resemble RAFW
- Make me a Victoria's Secret model
- Jessica Gomes turns up the Swim Fashion Week heat
- Banned in Sydney, breakthrough in New York
- Karen Walker's pearl protocol
- A new media day dawns @ NYFW
- The Exit strategy of Jason Wu
- New York Fashion Week - the 97% fat free version
- Black Saturday - the retail response
- Grazia stops the press
- Blue jean babies
- Swim Fashion Week: First look at the schedule
- The Sunday Telegraph checks up on "this frockwrite...
- London Fashion Week turns 25, goes to ELLE
- Serpentine gallery
- Rod Blagojevich, fashion icon?
- Yes we can do without: Top Fashion Buzzwords of 20...
- Gutter photojournalism: Zippora Seven hops on the ...
- Coco Fan Tutte
- ▼ February 2009 (50)
- ► 2008 (229)