Friday, July 4, 2008
I guess if you are looking at this post, there are several routes via which you may have reached it. Firstly, via the link in the last post in the last day (*wipes tear*) of the life of Fully Chic. Secondly, via some alternative link (*ever hopeful*). Thirdly, you stumbled upon it by chance. Whichever road you travelled, you have come to a great big intersection and a sign that reads:
It's not too late to turn back.
To those Australian readers who already know me, welcome to my latest e-ncarnation. Yes, after 26 months, two media outlets and three different bloody blog names, here comes another one.
Some may have read Fully Chic. And some may have even read two earlier blogs.
Most would no doubt have trouble remembering the very first posts, let alone the name, of the original blog I did for The Sydney Morning Herald's online division, smh.com.au. It had the highly imaginative title of Australian Fashion Week and was launched to provide parallel online coverage to the print edition's news coverage of AFW's SS0607 shows in Sydney, in April/May 2006.
I was at the time the Herald's fashion reporter. That blog, I later learned, was amongst the world's very first fashion blogs attached to a mainstream newspaper.
It lasted a week.
Four months later, as I headed to cover the complete northern hemisphere SS07 season for the paper, in New York, London, Milan and Paris, we re-booted the blog, this time under the name Fashion Season.
In December 2006 I quit the print edition. Four weeks later I headed off to cover the FW0708 shows across the four cities, but this time exclusively for smh.com.au - and once again under the 'Fashion Season' name. Back in Sydney a month or so later, I also covered AFW's SS0708 shows for smh.com.au.
The reason why these two blog titles are hyperlinked is because in creating this new blog, I have compiled the beginnings of a complete archive of blogged work.
So far I have only managed to cover my smh.com.au tracks - posts which were archived in various odd places. With almost 100 posts across four fashion events - almost as much as I blogged in the last year as NEWS.com.au's fashion reporter, with Fully Chic funnily enough - it took quite some time to corrall the material together.
Of course the comments are often the best part about blogging and you'll have to read the original posts to see them. There's a link to the original at the end of each post.
I started blogging because I already had a job as a print reporter and was asked to complement it with online coverage. I asked at the time, "What am I supposed to put in it?" I found the answer pretty quickly: anything and everything. Mostly, there was a lot of everything. Looking back, my God I pumped out a lot of coverage. I've learned to - well at least attempt to - keep it tight.
Now, finally, I've launched my own blog. And I must admit.... it's a little daunting.
Where do we go from here? Who the hell knows? But thanks for checking in.
If you're interested in reading about the fashion business and its associated shenanigans, drama queens, victims, self-aggrandizing buffoons - and its champions, visionaries and newbies - then stick around. Fashion being fashion, there's no shortage of any of them.
On with the show.
Posted by Patty Huntington at 7/04/2008 11:53:00 AM
- ► 2013 (66)
- ► 2012 (115)
- ► 2011 (153)
- ► 2010 (330)
- ► 2009 (415)
- Tallulah rising - on COACD
- The topless international debut of Ellie Ross
- Josh Goot to show at London Fashion Week - accordi...
- Abbey Lee gets on her high horse
- "If it doesn't fit, it can never be fashion" - Pet...
- Iekeliene Stange on skinny models, babymodels - an...
- NY mag might have been "ragging" on Tavi - but it ...
- Sarah Stephens: Attempts explanation of "dag" to N...
- Beth Ditto on SHOWstudio
- Tavi the Style Rookie - she might not have legs, b...
- sass & bide's page one
- Alice McCall heads to NY Fashion Week - one of jus...
- Is Tavi the world's youngest fashion blogger?
- Nicole Trunfio: Anointed by Vogue, trashed by Murd...
- Neryl Walker: Censored by Angostura, blessed by Co...
- There's no other store - for anyone over 18 - like...
- Simon Wood - global authority on kicks
- Is Micky the new Kylie?
- Zimmermann in Miami
- Speaking of NZ models....meet supernova Olivia O'D...
- The Tatiana mystery: Is Kiwi Jenna Sauers Jezebel'...
- Vale Mark Keighery
- Brunsdon on Project Runway, the Brana factor - and...
- Kurban country - the neighbours blab
- Kirrily and Moët jump the pond to Auckland
- Polly Borland @ Murray White
- Urban Outfitters marks down Lagerfeld - turns him ...
- Collette's page one
- Model blogs and blacklists
- Something for Sunday?
- Kurban country
- Apparently The Sydney Morning Herald reads frockwr...
- Sydney emerges as world's 7th Top Fashion City - n...
- Meanwhile....back in the Big Apple
- Tallulah rising - and having an Absolut ball
- Cold Mountain, the reality show
- Sydney Chamber of Commerce on fashion: "Not releva...
- Girlfriend Model Search: The plait thickens
- The Girlfriend Model Search: Level playing field -...
- Australia's Next Top (male) Model
- Belinda Seper on Bowral's "jeans of no fashionable...
- Maggie T on the pink tracksuit trend: "WTF??"
- The Walkley Magazine
- Project Runway's Bryanboy/Suzy Menkes love child??...
- The Miro Supremacy
- Camilla and Marc cooler than Irina, Lovefoxx and L...
- Independence Day
- From Goot to Gaultier? Tallulah rising
- Hello world, this is not John Laws
- ▼ July 2008 (49)