Friday, September 26, 2008
It seems not even Abbey Lee Kershaw's Australian agency can keep up with her schedule. Two days ago Chic Management director Kathy Ward told me Kershaw had been booked for a Gucci exclusive in Milan - which would have made the second season in a row. Well that's a kind of exclusive. Literally the second Gucci wrapped, Kershaw walked in Wednesday night's Alessandro dell 'Acqua show, followed by four of Milan's biggest shows on Thursday: Max Mara, Pucci, Fendi and Versace. And something tells me she ain't doing it for 'trade'.
Of course last night's Versace show was not the end of Milan's show schedule. It was, however, most definitely the end of the big superbrand shows. Once again organisers crammed Milan's main events into a hectic four days.
The Milan shows continue on through Friday and Saturday with a number of smaller names, including several internationals. Three cases in point Spain's Agatha Ruiz de la Prada and Australian Wool Innovation 'protégés', Jean Pierre Braganza from London (mentor Karl Lagerfeld) and Kristian Aadnevik from Norway (Donatella Versace).
The fashion caravan of buyers and media will be very keen to make tracks for Paris, which kicks off in unusually early high gear this season, with the Paris runway debut of Brit 'enfant terrible' Gareth Pugh due to take place at 5.00pm on Saturday at the Palais de Tokyo.
Noone is going to miss that - and presumably, not Kershaw, who features on the cover of Dazed & Confused's October edition wearing Pugh, as part of the magazine's special Nick Knight tribute to the designer.
As frockwriter reported earlier this month, a limited edition of the magazine will be distributed at the show.
Click here to see the complete Versace show on wwd.com.
Click here to see the complete Pucci show on wwd.com.
Click here to see the complete Fendi show on wwd.com.
Click here to see Alessandro dell'Acqua on wwd.com.
Click here to see the complete Max Mara show on wwd.com.
- ► 2013 (66)
- ► 2012 (115)
- ► 2011 (153)
- ► 2010 (330)
- ► 2009 (415)
- Balenciaga bullet Myf Shepherd and her runway "zen...
- Fly-by shoot in the Highlands
- Venus of Willen-Dior
- Tallulah tanks
- Home straight: Mythical Myf, Magna Carta and other...
- Gareth Pugh: "We have to sell the dream before we ...
- Burning down the (Cavalli) house
- Moe better clues?
- World wide web
- Isn't Miuccia Prada supposed to be a feminist?
- Abbey Lee's sterling last day effort
- Live and luxe: Dolce e Gabbana
- Dolce e Gabbana live
- Mythical Myf "storms Fendi"...before the show sta...
- Oh hai
- Prada says jump - Sachi asks 'How high?'
- Gucci's green and gold girls
- Prada's new supernova: Myf Shepherd
- On the record: Jenna Sauers
- Chow down with World
- Joseph and his Karangahape dream set
- Kate Sylvester: The grey lady
- Drop dead Dinnigan
- Uncross your legs Auckland - and offload your swag...
- Boy meets World
- (NZ) Life of Bryan
- Land of the long white cloud's silver lining: Alex...
- Deborah Sweeney: The NZ$130 wolf shirt and other c...
- Snubbed by the Oz fashion press - shot by Lagerfel...
- FGI roadshow Part III – Fashion Exposed
- Win-win for Julie Grbac
- From Lesbohan to Lopez: Miro's "massive" adventure...
- Erin O’Connor flogs free stuff to help her starvin...
- Prada's new supernova?
- Costarella makes his move
- Will the real Abbey Lee please stand up?
- But Cat does show for Tommy
- Cat a noshow at Willow - while six Australians lef...
- Black eyes, busted ribs and cockroaches: Alice Bur...
- Willow's pyramid scheme
- And more: Allegra Carpenter
- Killer heels
- The jumpsuit: a trend with legs (and arms)
- Where’s Abbey Lee? (Definitely) On the cover of V
- But wait, there's more: Fabienne's fab first seaso...
- Marc's Fair Ladies
- An Oz model trifecta at Marc Jacobs - and one of t...
- More model blogger reports: Marc Jacobs pays in "t...
- Graydon Carter on Richie, Lopez and co: "Who cares...
- Just a quiet Sunday in New York....
- Karen Walker's fashion belief system
- Maticevski forms a lobby group
- A model blogger reports: Marc Jacobs uses green to...
- And Alice McCall bows in NYC (with a little help f...
- An Angel kicks off their schedule (with a little h...
- Where's Abbey Lee? (Apparently) on the cover of D&...
- A New York Fashion Week primer Part III
- A New York Fashion Week primer Part II
- The Big Schmozzle: A New York Fashion Week primer ...
- Sydney: Finally relevant to someone
- Girls of Summer: Which new Australians will make t...
- The Rothman prophecies: Project Runway Australia c...
- ▼ September 2008 (63)