Tuesday, September 9, 2008
fabienne vanderhaeghen at rachel roy, sep 4/wwd
So as I was saying, it’s hard keeping up with the Australian modelling news in NY at the moment. Myf we knew about. Emma Balfour well, that one was a surprise. Now make way way for Fabienne Vanderhaeghen. Bolting out of left of field to secure nine New York shows so far in her first OS season, as it emerges Vanderhaeghen headed into SS09 with editorial in Nylon, a DKNY Jeans campaign and covers of Italian ELLE and Grazia under her belt.
The 17 year-old Perth-ite, who is with Chadwicks in Australia and Trump in New York, has so far walked Rachel Roy, Savant, Abaete, Geova, Patricia Field for M&S and Harlan Bell and is booked for Chris Benz, Pamela Rowland and Aurelio Costarella.
fabienne vanderhaeghen (L) in the edie rose for DKNY Jeans campaign - a line co-designed by actress rachel bilson/supplied
Modelling for two years, the latter one full-time, Vanderhaeghen’s recent Australian work includes a Just Jeans campaign and a recent cover of Summer Winter magazine – sharing cover billing with the far more high profile Abbey Lee Kershaw.
vanderhaeghen on the march cover of italian elle/supplied
Another Chadwicks model popping up on the New York Fashion Week radar is Lauren Burnett who has done several shows, including Rubin Singer.
Myf Shepherd, as I revealed in another blog incarnation in July, was, hilariously, snubbed by the producers of Australia’s Next Top Model for this year’s show, only to walk more Australian Fashion Week shows than any other model from her agency (Chic Management) and then go on to be booked by both Prada and Gucci for the Resort 09 presentations in New York in July.
Shepherd has of course been buoyed by the hypemeisters over at Chic Management and notably, the agency's well-connected New York affiliate Next.
Shepherd’s raft of NY shows so far includes Marc Jacobs, Alice McCall, Jason Wu, Cushnie et Ochs and Rubin Singer.
Fellow Chic hatchling, Sarah Stephens was also much-hyped heading into SS09. Stephens' shows so far include Jason Wu, RVCA, Hanii Y, Cushnie et Ochs (which she closed), Frank Tell, James Coviello, Twinkle and Tuleh.
Tallulah Morton's shows to date include Rubin Singer, Michael Angel, Hanii Y, ADAM and Ruffian.
Morton's mate, Balenciaga 'muse' Stephanie Carta apparently had a New York exclusive with Phi.
Now in their sophomore international runway season, both Skye Stracke and Alice Burdeu continue their ascent. Stracke's shows include to date, Chris Benz, Dian von Furstenberg, Alexandre Herchkovich, Karen Walker, Lacoste and Yigal Azrouel. So far Burdeu's bookings include Lacoste, Brian Reyes - and one very big name in Marc Jacobs.
Abbey Lee Kershaw meanwhile, the so-called 'instant star' of FW0809 who is currently ranked the world # 21 working model on models.com, is also walking in just her second OS season.
So far Kershaw seems to have walked in more shows that any other Australian model: at least 16 in the space of just four-five days. They include Diesel, Ohne Titel, Peter Som, Thakoon, DKNY, Diane von Furstenberg (which she closed), Jonathon Saunders, Preen, Alexander Wang, Lacoste, Daughters by Obedient Sons, Ruffian, BCBG Max Azria, Jason Wu, Rag & Bone and Rodarte.
This is the fourth ready-to-wear season for Catherine McNeil - the breakout sensation of FW0708, who debuted on models.com at #26 early last year and is now ranked the world number #9.
McNeil has done at least nine shows so far, including Carolina Herrera, Isaac Mizrahi, Ohne Titel, Peter Som, Thakoon, Jonathon Saunders, Preen, Alexander Wang and Diane von Furstenberg, which she opened.
- ► 2013 (66)
- ► 2012 (115)
- ► 2011 (153)
- ► 2010 (330)
- ► 2009 (415)
- Balenciaga bullet Myf Shepherd and her runway "zen...
- Fly-by shoot in the Highlands
- Venus of Willen-Dior
- Tallulah tanks
- Home straight: Mythical Myf, Magna Carta and other...
- Gareth Pugh: "We have to sell the dream before we ...
- Burning down the (Cavalli) house
- Moe better clues?
- World wide web
- Isn't Miuccia Prada supposed to be a feminist?
- Abbey Lee's sterling last day effort
- Live and luxe: Dolce e Gabbana
- Dolce e Gabbana live
- Mythical Myf "storms Fendi"...before the show sta...
- Oh hai
- Prada says jump - Sachi asks 'How high?'
- Gucci's green and gold girls
- Prada's new supernova: Myf Shepherd
- On the record: Jenna Sauers
- Chow down with World
- Joseph and his Karangahape dream set
- Kate Sylvester: The grey lady
- Drop dead Dinnigan
- Uncross your legs Auckland - and offload your swag...
- Boy meets World
- (NZ) Life of Bryan
- Land of the long white cloud's silver lining: Alex...
- Deborah Sweeney: The NZ$130 wolf shirt and other c...
- Snubbed by the Oz fashion press - shot by Lagerfel...
- FGI roadshow Part III – Fashion Exposed
- Win-win for Julie Grbac
- From Lesbohan to Lopez: Miro's "massive" adventure...
- Erin O’Connor flogs free stuff to help her starvin...
- Prada's new supernova?
- Costarella makes his move
- Will the real Abbey Lee please stand up?
- But Cat does show for Tommy
- Cat a noshow at Willow - while six Australians lef...
- Black eyes, busted ribs and cockroaches: Alice Bur...
- Willow's pyramid scheme
- And more: Allegra Carpenter
- Killer heels
- The jumpsuit: a trend with legs (and arms)
- Where’s Abbey Lee? (Definitely) On the cover of V
- But wait, there's more: Fabienne's fab first seaso...
- Marc's Fair Ladies
- An Oz model trifecta at Marc Jacobs - and one of t...
- More model blogger reports: Marc Jacobs pays in "t...
- Graydon Carter on Richie, Lopez and co: "Who cares...
- Just a quiet Sunday in New York....
- Karen Walker's fashion belief system
- Maticevski forms a lobby group
- A model blogger reports: Marc Jacobs uses green to...
- And Alice McCall bows in NYC (with a little help f...
- An Angel kicks off their schedule (with a little h...
- Where's Abbey Lee? (Apparently) on the cover of D&...
- A New York Fashion Week primer Part III
- A New York Fashion Week primer Part II
- The Big Schmozzle: A New York Fashion Week primer ...
- Sydney: Finally relevant to someone
- Girls of Summer: Which new Australians will make t...
- The Rothman prophecies: Project Runway Australia c...
- ▼ September 2008 (63)