Friday, September 5, 2008
nick knight via nicola formichetti
According to Dazed & Confused creative director Nicola Formichetti (via TFS), that’s Abbey Lee Kershaw on the cover of the yet-to-be-published October edition (^). That’d be from the same photoshoot that was recently vlogged by SHOWstudio (and blogged by frockwriter), in which Kershaw posed astride a 16.3hand stallion.
These images were posted yesterday on Formichetti’s blog, where he reports that there will also be some kind of "limited edition of 500 copies" of the mag released at Gareth’s Pugh’s Paris debut show (5pm on Saturday 27th September).
As you may recall, Kershaw – and the stallion – both wore Pugh’s creations for the shoot.
nick knight via nicola formichetti
The cover makes a bizarre tear sheet for Kershaw's portfolio given that well, it could be anyone at all in the picture really.
Nevertheless, this represents Kershaw's first international magazine cover and caps off a stellar nine months for the 21 year-old Melburnian.
During this time she appeared in a D&G campaign before having yet set foot on any international runway, then hit the runway running in New York in February, eventually walking in 32 FW0809 shows. Kershaw also booked a Gucci runway exclusive for Milan, followed by the Gucci and cK Jeans FW0809 advertising campaigns.
That's one new star down. Now, who's Next?
- ► 2013 (66)
- ► 2012 (115)
- ► 2011 (153)
- ► 2010 (330)
- ► 2009 (415)
- Balenciaga bullet Myf Shepherd and her runway "zen...
- Fly-by shoot in the Highlands
- Venus of Willen-Dior
- Tallulah tanks
- Home straight: Mythical Myf, Magna Carta and other...
- Gareth Pugh: "We have to sell the dream before we ...
- Burning down the (Cavalli) house
- Moe better clues?
- World wide web
- Isn't Miuccia Prada supposed to be a feminist?
- Abbey Lee's sterling last day effort
- Live and luxe: Dolce e Gabbana
- Dolce e Gabbana live
- Mythical Myf "storms Fendi"...before the show sta...
- Oh hai
- Prada says jump - Sachi asks 'How high?'
- Gucci's green and gold girls
- Prada's new supernova: Myf Shepherd
- On the record: Jenna Sauers
- Chow down with World
- Joseph and his Karangahape dream set
- Kate Sylvester: The grey lady
- Drop dead Dinnigan
- Uncross your legs Auckland - and offload your swag...
- Boy meets World
- (NZ) Life of Bryan
- Land of the long white cloud's silver lining: Alex...
- Deborah Sweeney: The NZ$130 wolf shirt and other c...
- Snubbed by the Oz fashion press - shot by Lagerfel...
- FGI roadshow Part III – Fashion Exposed
- Win-win for Julie Grbac
- From Lesbohan to Lopez: Miro's "massive" adventure...
- Erin O’Connor flogs free stuff to help her starvin...
- Prada's new supernova?
- Costarella makes his move
- Will the real Abbey Lee please stand up?
- But Cat does show for Tommy
- Cat a noshow at Willow - while six Australians lef...
- Black eyes, busted ribs and cockroaches: Alice Bur...
- Willow's pyramid scheme
- And more: Allegra Carpenter
- Killer heels
- The jumpsuit: a trend with legs (and arms)
- Where’s Abbey Lee? (Definitely) On the cover of V
- But wait, there's more: Fabienne's fab first seaso...
- Marc's Fair Ladies
- An Oz model trifecta at Marc Jacobs - and one of t...
- More model blogger reports: Marc Jacobs pays in "t...
- Graydon Carter on Richie, Lopez and co: "Who cares...
- Just a quiet Sunday in New York....
- Karen Walker's fashion belief system
- Maticevski forms a lobby group
- A model blogger reports: Marc Jacobs uses green to...
- And Alice McCall bows in NYC (with a little help f...
- An Angel kicks off their schedule (with a little h...
- Where's Abbey Lee? (Apparently) on the cover of D&...
- A New York Fashion Week primer Part III
- A New York Fashion Week primer Part II
- The Big Schmozzle: A New York Fashion Week primer ...
- Sydney: Finally relevant to someone
- Girls of Summer: Which new Australians will make t...
- The Rothman prophecies: Project Runway Australia c...
- ▼ September 2008 (63)